section has two pages. Click on the pdf icon at left if you do not have
an activity sheet for this section.
A - Occurrence
here to go to the PREPAREDNESS
- Read the information and answer the following questions.
- Describe where most United States tornadoes occur.
- What time of year do most tornadoes form in the United States?
- Describe the most violent tornado in terms of wind speed and size
of the damage path.
B - Variations
- Scroll down to the "Tornado Variations" section.
- Read the section and answer:
- Are tornadoes always easy to see?
- What happens to make them visible?
- What is a tornado over water called?
- Scroll down to the "Tornadoes Take Many Shapes and Sizes"
- Which tornadoes occur most often: weak, strong, or violent?
- Most tornado deaths are caused by violent tornadoes. Violent tornadoes
represent what percent of all tornadoes?